KM with its anonymity and wide readership is the perfect way to test your writing skills in a very low-pressure environment but still with plenty of feedback, which is great especially if you are a new writer.
HOW TO FILL A PROMPT
1. Find a promptThere are indexes for your convenience, although many of them aren’t updated anymore, my personal favourite is england-kindex that is currently up-to-date. The other option is to simply browse whatever part you feel like going through. Don’t forget to bookmark everything, or it could happen you’ll never find the prompt again.
- - where to postBasic rule: Fills for the newest part go directly as a reply to the prompt. Fills from older parts go to past part fills post.Current part is 23, every prompt you see there can be filled directly as a comment to that prompt. For all prompts from older parts, you simply make a new thread in the past-part fills, currently seven.When in doubt, check the hetalia-kink main page, the first entry is always the News post where you’ll find current parts and past-part fills posts.
- - how to postFirst - how to anon. When clicking on Reply, pick the More Options button.And then simply choose Anonymous from the drop-down menu.I personally always check the preview before I post the comment.Depending on your encoding, your post could end up as a block of text or you could accidentally make it all in cursive if you mess up the html. Remember that anon posts can only be edited by the mods, you can contact these lovely people here.
- - Fills listTo let readers know about your fic, post a simple short comment into the Fills list. Rule of thumb is to look at other comments in the list and you should be okay.Part, pairing or characters and short summary in the subject, links to request and fill in the comment, easy as that. Don’t forget trigger warnings please.
- - Update on Fills listWith multichapters, you will want to let your readers know about the updates. In order not to clog the fills list with quickly updating fics, the basic rule is: one update per page and per day. If you have updates within these limits, simply comment on the already existing comment.This is how your update should look like.When your fic is finished, simply replace UPDATE with COMPLETE.
HOW TO REQUEST
Nobody will ever find out if you don’t keep the one request for one fill rule, but it’s simply the nice and fair thing to do.
Since hetalia fandom is huge, there have to be certain rules in order not to have too many prompts and no fills at all. There are always 5 pages of prompts, then the meme “freezes” until 50 prompts get filled. Easiest way to get notified on the requests being open is to follow KM twitter.
Pairing or characters or Any/Any (ensemble), together with a short summary in the subject, maximum of 3 bonuses and less than 200 words in the comment body. Anything goes prompts are not allowed. Again, look at other prompts and you shouldn’t go wrong.
Whenever in doubt, the rule book is there for you. If you are still confused, never hesitate to ask - me, just as other writers who regularly post to KM, will be always happy to help you.
Even if you don’t feel like writing or drawing for the meme, you can always contribute by leaving a comment, show the authoranons you love just how much you squee with every update. They will squee just as much when reading your feedback.